This course is for beginners, teaching all the essentials, even showing you how to thread a needle, and includes:
- Getting to know the machine, different thread types, attaching the spools and threading your needle.
- Winding the bobbin, replacing a drop-in and front loading bobbin.
- Deciding what needles are best suited for each project, according to the fabric used for that project and attaching the needle to the machine.
- Threading the machine can be daunting so the course booklet describes in great detail each stage of the process along with changing the foot.
- A list of most commonly used fabrics, uses and properties are described in detail to help the student select the correct fabric for each project.
When the machine is set up and ready to use the student will be shown the most popular stitches, stitch lengths and tensions.